SCOTT SPEED WINS AGAIN IN GLOBAL RALLYCROSS
SCOTT SPEED WINS GLOBAL RALLYCROSS RACE IN CHARLOTTE
MAIN EVENT RECAP:
A major accident in the first pass through the fourth turn led to a red flag situation, as Scott Speed, Bucky Lasek, and Brian Deegan appeared to be the top three drivers in the field. Speed got the holeshot in the second attempted start as well, leading Deegan and Block.
Block’s right front tire came apart early in the heat, dropping him down the order as he spun multiple times. Meanwhile, Heikkinen recovered from a series of unlucky breaks in his heat races and the final transfer spot of the LCQ to finish third. Deegan chased down Speed, closing in as the race progressed, but the X Games Brazil gold medalist still took the victory by just over three seconds.
RESULTS: The results from Saturday’s Sylvania SilverStar zXe Global Rallycross at The Dirt Track at Charlotte.
- Scott Speed, #77 OMSE2 Ford Fiesta
- Brian Deegan, #38 OlsbergsMSE Ford Fiesta ST
- Toomas Heikkinen, #57 OlsbergsMSE Ford Fiesta ST0
- Stephan Verdier, #4 Rhys Millen Racing Hyundai Veloster
- Steve Arpin, #32 OMSE2 Ford Fiesta
- Bucky Lasek, #81 Subaru PUMA Rallycross WRX STI
- Ken Block, #43 Hoonigan Racing Division Ford Fiesta ST
- Sverre Isachsen, #11 Subaru PUMA Rallycross WRX STI
- Travis Pastrana, #199 Pastrana Racing Dodge Dart
- Tanner Foust, #34 OlsbergsMSE Ford Fiesta ST
- Pat Moro, #59 PMR Motorsports Chevrolet Sonic
- Dave Mirra, #40 Prodrive MINI Countryman
- Patrik Sandell, #18 OlsbergsMSE Ford Fiesta ST
- Bryce Menzies, #99 Pastrana Racing Dodge Dart
- Nelson Piquet Jr., #12 X Team Racing Mitsubishi Evo
Scott Speed, Driver, #77 OMSE2 Ford Fiesta: “We were pretty solid all day. In these things, you can be fast—we were pretty fast at Bristol but we didn’t even make the final—so you’ve got to be lucky not to get in any crashes. We stayed out of trouble, got lucky, and were able to win again.”
Global Rallycross at The Dirt Track at Charlotte: Supercars RACE RECAP